By Ron Carr
Zone 4 Representative
Well, we are into the New Year and the Great Lakes Zone is mostly blanketed with snow, ice, and slush!! It’s time for doing indoor events and planning the outdoor ones. Most Regions have wonderful indoor events in the winter such as Chili Cook-off’s, Wine Tastings, new member parties, and other social events to keep up our spirits and provide an opportunity to (what else) talk about summer driving! Another popular indoor event is a Tech Session, usually held at a local Porsche service shop. Please check out you Region’s website for the latest local region events that may interest you. If you are traveling around the Great Lakes area and find yourself looking for something to do in another region area, check their website before going and see if there is something going on that would interest you. Generally speaking, PCA Regions will be happy to accommodate visitors from other Regions at their events if at all possible. It’s a great way to make new friends or catch up with some old friends that you only see in the summer.
Now, for upcoming zone events to plan for in the spring and summer:
- Drivers Education Opportunities are being planned for the springtime at:
- Mid Ohio SCC on April 15-17th (Ohio Valley Region) (tentative)
- Mid Ohio SCC on April 30-May 2nd (Northern Ohio Region) (tentative)
- Watkins Glen on May 13-15th (Allegheny Region)
- Mid Ohio SCC on May 13-15th (Mid-Ohio Region)
- The Central Indiana Region will be celebrating their 50th Anniversary on June 17, 18, & 19 in Indianapolis, IN. Stay tuned for details.
- On the weekend of June 25th, the Vintage Grand Prix will be at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in Lexington, Ohio. Porsche will be the featured Marque for the event. Information is available at http://www.midohio.com/.
- The Allegheny Region will celebrate their 50th Anniversary on July 23rd at the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix at Schenley Park in Pittsburgh, PA. Porsche will be the featured Marque at this event also, and they are hoping to attract 1000 cars to the weekend event. Information will be forthcoming on the Allegheny Region website or at http://www.pvgp.org/pvgp/site/default.asp.
- Ohio Valley Region celebrates their 50th Anniversary on October 29th & 30th in Cincinnati, OH with a banquet at the Porsches of the Village dealership. See the website for details.
- The annual Porsche Parade will be held in Savannah, GA form July 31th to August 6th. See the PCA Website for details at http://parade2011.pca.org/ . Registration opens on March 8th.
- The P2O multi-region event will again be in Oxford, Ohio (near Cincinnati) on July 30th weekend. Come and be a part of a “Casual Porsche Party” that attracts over 400 cars from the surrounding regions.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org . Hope to see you at an event soon!