Come join us for Fabulous Friday at Nelson Ledges on July 8th! If you have been to a Driver Education event before, you know how much fun can be had at Nelson Ledges. If you have never been on track before, you don’t know what you are missing.
Don’t worry; there will be highly experienced instructors on hand to work with you to ensure that both you and your car remain safe throughout the day. The track has a lot of history – we are very lucky to have such a venue so close to home. Track details can be found at www.nelsonledges.com.
The cost of the event is just $135 for the day which includes lots of track time with instruction and you will be amazed at how much fun it is.
Registration is simple – just go to www.motorsportreg.com or use the following link https://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/2F8F7EF0-93F4-6217-11B7BCA0B83EEC43 to sign up. You can pay online by credit card or by mailing a check once your registration is complete. A copy of the Safety Inspection Form is available on the EBR website (www.ebrpca.org) or through a link found on the www.motorsportreg.com website.
You can also contact Erik Ryberg at firstname.lastname@example.org or @ (330) 618-4744 if you have any questions.
Safety Inspection Form 2011
April 10th Autocross School
April 17th Autocross
May 22th Autocross
June 19th Autocross
July 24th Autocross
August 28th Autocross
September 25th Autocross
October 23rd Tentative Autocross
EBR 2011 Drivers Ed Schedule
July 8th Nelson Ledges Register here
Mid-Ohio Region (MORPCA) presents their annual club race at Mid-Ohio Sport Car Course on May 13th through the 15th, 2011. This will be a three day event with practice on Friday; followed by Sprint and Enduro races on Saturday and Sunday.
Are you craving some track time? We have just what you need; an advanced three day driver education will run in conjunction with the club race. The drivers will run solo, with no instructors. However, our experienced and advanced instructors will be available for those drivers new to Mid-Ohio or for those who want some extra coaching. We can also provide limited instruction to racers that have not raced previously at Mid-Ohio.
Widely known as one of the most technical and competitive in the U.S., Mid-Ohio is a permanent road course with a 2.4 mile, 15-turn configuration. Among the track’s signature turns are the Keyhole, the Esses (Madness), Thunder Valley and the Carousel. This historic circuit has been home to many noteworthy road racing series for nearly half a century, including Can-Am, American Le Mans series, Formula 5000, IMSA GT, Trans-Am, Champ Car, and the Indy series. You will find the Mid-Ohio track to be challenging and rewarding. Smiles are no extra charge. New for this year will be Mid-Ohio Regions’ participation in the Wounded Warrior Program. We expect to host a number of our countries finest at the event and introduce them to the Porsche track experience.
For those looking for a little less intensity, come mingle in the paddock, enjoy a lunch from the concession stand and watch the races. We also welcome your participation as a volunteer. Online registration at www.clubregistrarion.net
will begin March 28, 2011. Please contact Event Chairman Ken
By Ron Carr
Zone 4 Representative
Well, we are into the New Year and the Great Lakes Zone is mostly blanketed with snow, ice, and slush!! It’s time for doing indoor events and planning the outdoor ones. Most Regions have wonderful indoor events in the winter such as Chili Cook-off’s, Wine Tastings, new member parties, and other social events to keep up our spirits and provide an opportunity to (what else) talk about summer driving! Another popular indoor event is a Tech Session, usually held at a local Porsche service shop. Please check out you Region’s website for the latest local region events that may interest you. If you are traveling around the Great Lakes area and find yourself looking for something to do in another region area, check their website before going and see if there is something going on that would interest you. Generally speaking, PCA Regions will be happy to accommodate visitors from other Regions at their events if at all possible. It’s a great way to make new friends or catch up with some old friends that you only see in the summer.
Now, for upcoming zone events to plan for in the spring and summer:
- Drivers Education Opportunities are being planned for the springtime at:
- Mid Ohio SCC on April 15-17th (Ohio Valley Region) (tentative)
- Mid Ohio SCC on April 30-May 2nd (Northern Ohio Region) (tentative)
- Watkins Glen on May 13-15th (Allegheny Region)
- Mid Ohio SCC on May 13-15th (Mid-Ohio Region)
- The Central Indiana Region will be celebrating their 50th Anniversary on June 17, 18, & 19 in Indianapolis, IN. Stay tuned for details.
- On the weekend of June 25th, the Vintage Grand Prix will be at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in Lexington, Ohio. Porsche will be the featured Marque for the event. Information is available at http://www.midohio.com/.
- The Allegheny Region will celebrate their 50th Anniversary on July 23rd at the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix at Schenley Park in Pittsburgh, PA. Porsche will be the featured Marque at this event also, and they are hoping to attract 1000 cars to the weekend event. Information will be forthcoming on the Allegheny Region website or at http://www.pvgp.org/pvgp/site/default.asp.
- Ohio Valley Region celebrates their 50th Anniversary on October 29th & 30th in Cincinnati, OH with a banquet at the Porsches of the Village dealership. See the website for details.
- The annual Porsche Parade will be held in Savannah, GA form July 31th to August 6th. See the PCA Website for details at http://parade2011.pca.org/ . Registration opens on March 8th.
- The P2O multi-region event will again be in Oxford, Ohio (near Cincinnati) on July 30th weekend. Come and be a part of a “Casual Porsche Party” that attracts over 400 cars from the surrounding regions.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact me at email@example.com . Hope to see you at an event soon!
Join us July 9th at Nelson Ledges Road Course for EBR’s 2010 driver’s education event. All skill levels are encouraged to come out and start their weekend on Friday! This is a great opportunity to see just how well your car handles.
This is not a racing school. This event is intended for participants to learn advanced driving techniques and to learn more about the handling of their cars.
For more information and to register for the event, please visit the online registration center.