Beat the Winter Blues next Saturday with an EBR Winter Road Rally! Friends and family are welcome (no Porsche required) as we drive through Summit County looking for clues and seeing the sights.
We will be meeting in the parking lot of Summit Racing in Tallmadge (http://www.summitracing.com/customerservice/about/retail/) at 1:15 on Saturday, Jan. 29 with the last car off by 1:45.
The Rally will end at the Spaghetti Warehouse in downtown Akron ( http://www.meatballs.com/) with dinner and prizes. Top 3 finishers will win gift certificates for the restaurant!
Anyone interested in joining us for dinner only should meet us at the Spaghetti Warehouse around 3:30.
Any questions can be directed to Sean Monigold, email@example.com, or 330-575-8497. Hope to see you all there!
By Ron Carr
Zone 4 Representative
Well, we are into the New Year and the Great Lakes Zone is mostly blanketed with snow, ice, and slush!! It’s time for doing indoor events and planning the outdoor ones. Most Regions have wonderful indoor events in the winter such as Chili Cook-off’s, Wine Tastings, new member parties, and other social events to keep up our spirits and provide an opportunity to (what else) talk about summer driving! Another popular indoor event is a Tech Session, usually held at a local Porsche service shop. Please check out you Region’s website for the latest local region events that may interest you. If you are traveling around the Great Lakes area and find yourself looking for something to do in another region area, check their website before going and see if there is something going on that would interest you. Generally speaking, PCA Regions will be happy to accommodate visitors from other Regions at their events if at all possible. It’s a great way to make new friends or catch up with some old friends that you only see in the summer.
Now, for upcoming zone events to plan for in the spring and summer:
- Drivers Education Opportunities are being planned for the springtime at:
- Mid Ohio SCC on April 15-17th (Ohio Valley Region) (tentative)
- Mid Ohio SCC on April 30-May 2nd (Northern Ohio Region) (tentative)
- Watkins Glen on May 13-15th (Allegheny Region)
- Mid Ohio SCC on May 13-15th (Mid-Ohio Region)
- The Central Indiana Region will be celebrating their 50th Anniversary on June 17, 18, & 19 in Indianapolis, IN. Stay tuned for details.
- On the weekend of June 25th, the Vintage Grand Prix will be at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in Lexington, Ohio. Porsche will be the featured Marque for the event. Information is available at http://www.midohio.com/.
- The Allegheny Region will celebrate their 50th Anniversary on July 23rd at the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix at Schenley Park in Pittsburgh, PA. Porsche will be the featured Marque at this event also, and they are hoping to attract 1000 cars to the weekend event. Information will be forthcoming on the Allegheny Region website or at http://www.pvgp.org/pvgp/site/default.asp.
- Ohio Valley Region celebrates their 50th Anniversary on October 29th & 30th in Cincinnati, OH with a banquet at the Porsches of the Village dealership. See the website for details.
- The annual Porsche Parade will be held in Savannah, GA form July 31th to August 6th. See the PCA Website for details at http://parade2011.pca.org/ . Registration opens on March 8th.
- The P2O multi-region event will again be in Oxford, Ohio (near Cincinnati) on July 30th weekend. Come and be a part of a “Casual Porsche Party” that attracts over 400 cars from the surrounding regions.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org . Hope to see you at an event soon!
The rally this weekend was a huge success with a large turnout for a really challenging rally. It was an extra special rally since it was the first rally that EBR has had where someone got engaged. Alex Soduk had an bonus rally question added to Meredith’s and his rally questionnaire. It was about finding a romantic place on a walking track which Alex used to propose to Meredith at the end of the rally.
We all congratulate both Alex and Meredith on their engagement!
Don’t forget to come to the EBR Autocross this Sunday 8/29 on the parking lot at the Hartville Marketplace & Flea Market in Hartville (1289 Edison Street Northwest, Hartville). This is a fun way to learn how to better handle your car at speeds you drive every day. Come out to run you car or to just watch the fun.
Registration starts at 12:00 and the cars start running at 1:00. If you have any questions contact Jeff Bernstein at 234-380-3027 or email me at Jeff.Bernstein@psangelus.com
Come join the fun!